Wednesday, August 27, 2008

setting svn ignore property

I was trying to configure svn to ignore changes to certain files and directories. I have been mostly using either Smart SVN or Subeclipse to work with SVN before. But recently I am trying to work with the command line version.

It took me a while to figure how to do this on the command line. Here is want I did
svn pe svn:ignore direcotry-name

This will open up the default editor (you will get an error if one is not set with the instructions on how to set it up)

Type in the list of files / direcotries one entry per line, save the file and exit. That will do the job.
svn status
will now not report those files as modified / added

I need to figure out how to specify multiple entries on the command line directly instead of having to open up an editor.

No comments: